29th Sumo Tournament
Went SUMO Tournament yesterday at Ryougoku or 両国, the world capital of Sumo Wrestling. Damn COOL....
Went early just to 2 queue up in case we cannot get the best seats (bought the cheapest 1000 yen free seats which is way at the back), to our surprise the spectators weren't alot, or probably its due to the size of the stadium, we managed to get some fairly good seats facing the front of the ring. Size of the stadium is similar to the indoor stadium in Singapore.
Morning was a boring affair, as most of the wrestlers are fighting for a lesser tournament title I guess, think they are young professionals just trying to gain some experience and exposure. But still, there were a couple of interesting fight scenes that ought to be seen. ;)
Afternoon comes the Real deal. Glad that we didn't leave early after the boring matches in the morning. The sumo wrestlers were bigger, better and much more entertaining. Lots of cheers and yelling of encouragements and names can be heard. The atmosphere is terrific. I rooted for 白鵬 in the morning (tikam the name from a list of at least 30 names when I had to fill in a survey asking who I am rooting for).. and guess what ? He won the Tournament!! Gut instincts work best sia! =) I was pondering whether to choose him over another wrestler (turned out the other one became the finalist as well..kekeke) The final fight between the 2 was awesome. The strength of the wrestlers were incredible.. applause for their effort and making the whole day so enjoyable and entertaining.
Bought some お土産 as well, cash-strapped but heck... don't think I will be back again so soon. kekeke..
Oh ya, Interestingly, we met Jel and her friends in the stadium as well. What a big coincidence. ;) we just know where the fun goes hahaa..
Here are some of the pics taken at the Tournament. Enjoy ;)
Me with the wrestling stage in the background
Not seeing eye to eye...or are they?
Slow Motion Mosiac of the clash!
okie tata for now.. start work lor..
ps: Happy Valentine's Day.... First lonely Vday for me since a few years ago.. oh well.


1 Comments:
start work??? what work??
Post a Comment
<< Home