Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My Life

So many quizzes, seems like everyone is bored...

Sense of loneliness again, parents came and left Japan already... sigh.. again I have to take the long ride home alone... Makes you really appreciate the people around you even more (those who cares i.e.)

Maybe its in the inherent nature of men that WE are naturally social creatures, we cannot live alone, less we go crazy in the process... How many people can live like a hermit and come out sane I wonder. Everyday in our lives, we will be meeting people, e.g. meeting people while taking the lift, meeting our kancho, meeting our colleagues, meeting people on the everyday streets going to work/school/market, meeting people at the grocery store, meeting teachers at our nihongo class, meeting people to jog, meeting people to cook, meeting people online to chat and play games, meeting people in our dreams...

so once in a while, it will dawn upon oneself that despite having so many people around us, they are like the passing wind, nonchalant and not caring about your existence at all, while those who care are far far away..寂しい。。。

Glad that at least there are some friends around me to keep me alive and sane... at least the interaction can keep one from thinking about this cold loneliness ...

Planning many trips in Japan in the Summer now, Fuji-san, Hokkaido, Hiking trips, Beach trips and many more... Looks like I am going to be broke again. haha.. oh well..

Fuji-san seems a daunting task to many (from the reviews I have seen), but despite all that, many thousands of people managed to climb Fuji-san successfully. Thus I believe that it will be a manageable climb itself, bottom line is to take things slowly and be aware of your own health and fatigue status. But I bet that many will try to force their way up even though they might be suffering from breathing problems due to the thin air near the summit. I myself included haha, have not been to that great a height before, and my fitness is not as good as the army times as well, so I cannot guarantee that I can reach the summit with no problems. But heck, there is no point scaring myself, if the reports are true, Fuji-san will be one easy climb. kekeke.. just need some conditioning to up the fitness ba, and of cos must start taking iron tablets pretty soon ;) More haemoglobin should help. How I wished that I have a hypoxicator with me now haha, those machines that people use to train up for surviving in low oxygen levels...

That said, with our current lifestyles, I think that everyone should pass just fine... Need more rest and sleep the day before Fuji-san? Nah, we've been sleeping less than 6 hrs a day, and occasionally without sleep, and yet we function just fine the next day (except that we feel a little more tired that usual). But still I agree the need for extra sleep but there is no need to sleep like 10-20 hrs before in order to conquer the mountain.

Is going to an amusement park physically demanding? Pondered over this for quite some time... I can't seem to find any reason for it. Yes it is true that you need to wake up earlier to ensure that we can get to all the rides available, and yes that thousands of brain cells get killed everytime we go down that steep rollercoaster, but hey... I seldom see people emerging from a ride and said 'wah..that was damn tiring, I don't want to take anymore rides'.

In fact the opposite seems more true, we always seem to have the energy for another ride. haha.. maybe that is why we will feel drained the next day? well.. so far I didn't feel it.. so I guess that it differs from people to people. Amusement parks are meant for enjoyment and relaxation and I believe that it works that way as well. ;)

Enough crap.... now that it is summer time, weather are getting really hot and sweaty these days. But I can't wait to go to the beach. the sun, the sea and the sand! ;) planning to go to a nearby beach this weekend, hope it turns out fine ;) I don't mind just lazing around in the sun and doing nothing, then of course I do hope that I get the chance to stargaze as well.. wonder whether the night sky will be vastly different from Singapore/Malaysia or not.. And yes, I miss the summer triangle (deneb, vega & arturus).. scorpius, saggitarius, centaurus, jewel box, ophiuchus, hercules, cygnus, etc etc... hope I can catch a couple of fireballs as well.. missed those days in NUSAS..

But seems like not many people is interested.. or more probably that no one is interested in REPLYING to my mails.. haha.. Its probably me I guess. So maybe it will only be me alone or with a small group this weekend. Just as well, saves lots of hassles keke...

Have been missing alot of い合い道 practice recently, hope I can catch up after all these trips. ;) I miss the stars most ba I guess, that explains the longing to go to the beach and the mountain peaks and the farm stays... ;) Almost Perfectly dark skies are possible..

Clear Skies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home